Ribbon button under Plug Into BIM tab.
This tool is intended to streamline the process of creating complex Floors like Roads from AutoCAD files.
Dialog box overview: Create Floor from CAD Layers
- Available CAD Layers: This List Box will show only layers in use in the selected CAD file.
- Layer: Floor Boundary: Assign to this field the layer that defines floor boundary geometry. This field is Mandatory.
- Layer: Floor Interior: Assign to this field the layer that defines floor interior geometry. This field is Optional.
- Layer: Floor Openings: Assign to this field the layer that defines floor opening geometry. This field is Optional.
- Select Floor: Drop down list with all available floors in model.
- Select Level: Drop down list with all available levels in model.
- Single Floor: Selecting this radio button you will create a unique floor which can contain both interior points and openings.
- Multiple Floors: Selecting this radio button you will create as many floors as polylines contained in the selected layer. It can NOT contain interior points nor openings.
- Help: Checking this check box the application will draw a Detail Line with the information contained in the Floor boundary layer field. (Use from a Floor Plan View).
You will see this way how the floor sketch is working, so any intersecting lines will prompt an error. Fix lines in CAD file inside the selected layer and try again. Once Detail Lines are drawn in a correct order you will be able to create the floor.
Step #1 Prepare your CAD file
Normally you will start from a Polyface Mesh, so:
- Explode command: Explode the Polyface Mesh (You will get 3D Faces)
- Region command: Create a Region with those 3D Faces (You will get Regions)
- Explode command: Explode the Regions (You will get Lines)
- Overkill command: This will delete coincident Lines
- Create your custom Layers for Boundary, Interior and Openings
- Add Lines to corresponding Layers
- Link the CAD file to your Revit Project (Work with Shared Coordinates as possible)
Step #2 Create Floors
- Assign Layers to Boundary, Interior and Openings fields as needed
- Choose a method
- Select Floor and Level
Link to video: https://youtu.be/PAaViftpKtk